Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Things I don't want to forget about my almost 3 year old...


Funny things she says:
Replaces all for's with to's.. For example "Wait to me Mama!"
Replaces all f's with s's... for example "I need a sork!" or "Mama! You sone is ringing!"
Lemolaid instead of lemonaid
Docker instead of doctor as in "I needa go to a docker. I sick."
Rainbone instead of rainbow
Shucka up (she learned 'shut up' at daycare but it took us a long time to figure it out because she was saying it like this)
She says "My body says I needa go potty!"
Pezzle instead of puzzle
Pootie instead of poop

Ways she is becoming independent:
When she spills something, she goes right to get a cloth and clean it up.
She is getting better and better at using the potty.
She can get her bottom half dressed by herself.
She can use very nice manners when she remembers.
She goes and gets the box of toys she wants (potato head pieces, the kitchen box, art box, etc).
She helps do dishes and cook.

Funny things she does...
Fakes being sick in the morning to try to get me to stay home from work. For a week after she was actually sick she would be running around in the morning laughing and then say, "I no seelin' so good Mama. You stay home to me?" Melt me. I must admit, it sometimes works.
When she has a sore throat she has to check it if we ask her how she is feeling. So she fake coughs. It goes something like this.. "Hey Mimi! How are you doing today?" "Ummm... cough cough... I not seelin' so good" or " Cough cough....I'm great!"
She is obsessed with her purple sundress and sandals. Purple dress gets more hugs and kisses than I do when it comes out of the drier.
Meron needs to have Lolo ( doll she got from my mom and dad for Christmas) and the baby she got from Elizabeth each with their particular blanket in the bed and then Meron has to use the blanket she got when she was a baby. Lolo is closest to her and the baby goes on the other side.
She frequently rides her trike into the house and does laps in the kitchen. The expected response from us is, "A bike in the house?! That's CRAZY!" and if we don't say it, she will.

Favorites...
Her favorite movies are Toy Story, Toy Story II, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda, Ella Enchanted, Shrek and Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella.
Her favorite songs are "Say Hey"(Micheal Franti and the Spearheads) "Wavin' Flag" (by K'Naan)The Stray Cat Strut, Oh Susanna, and I'm Gonna Catch You(Laurie Berkner)
Favorite foods are ketchup, cabbage, carrots, hotdogs, pizza, beets, pickles, rice, peanut butter and honey sandwiches, olives, apples, spaghetti and pasta salad.
Favorite books are "Panda Bear Panda Bear What do you see?" "Moo, Baa, La La la", "How do I love you?" and "Heads" ( really cool book she got from great grandma )

Sweetness..
She gives the best hugs now... wraps her arms as far as they'll go around my neck and squeezes.
She says we're friends.
She asks, "Will you play to me Mama?"
She makes me pretend I am crying so she can comfort me.
She tucks her babies in and gives them kisses on the forehead.
She asks me "Will you cuddle me Mama?"
She says she loves me the whole world.

2 comments:

  1. I miss her. Can you just send her to live with me for a while?

    ReplyDelete