Thursday, August 21, 2008

What do you pack?!




We don't know what size, what she likes, what she eats or what kind of bottle she will use. Turns out, you pack a LOT. That is how you end up with 2 huge suitcases for one little girl. I think Merrie is all packed.... now I've got to work on Nathan and I! I don't think I've ever been so nervous and excited in my entire life... I've had butterflies in my stomach continuously for about a week. Think good thoughts about us getting Meron's visa as expected.... I've already told Nathan that if we do the paperwork wrong and can't get her visa we're going to have to start looking for jobs and a place to live in Ethiopia. We would do it if that was the only way we could live in the same country as our daughter, but I think I would prefer to be able to come home!

1 comment:

  1. Very, very soon. I would recommend lots of sappy movies while you're counting the days. They occupy the mind (a little) and provide a great excuse to cry out loud! Terms of Endearment is good. I always cry at the end of Apollo 13. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete