Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tagged- Things you never asked about me and likely don't care to know....

I have been tagged by Meg. My assignment is to list 25 things that people may or may not know about me. My family probably knows almost all of these, so feel free to skip this post.

1. I am not a very logical decision maker. I make almost all decisions based on emotion and gut feelings. That being said, nothing irritates me more than people who refuse to be reasonable and rational.

2. I have always been embarrassed by the fact that my cheeks are always pink to rosy to fire engine red. Apparently my skin is completely translucent, and if I am tired, hot, sick, angry, or embarrassed my ears and cheeks (okay, lets be honest...pretty much everything from my shoulder blades up) is bright red.

3. I don't think I could ever possibly be a mother my daughter deserves.

4. I love playing The Sims games, because I make characters that look like Nathan and me that live in a house that looks like ours. Then, I use it as a prediction tool. FYI, the last time I played that game before we got our referral, my Sims decided to adopt a baby and the computer generated a black girl baby for us. And I named her Meron, even though I was actually planning on naming our daughter (if we had one) Harper. I hope my Sims win the lottery....

5. I love my job most of the time.... except when I hate it. It does make me appreciate the fact that I have so many people in my life who love me, because a lot of the kids I work with don't have anybody in the world who cares what happens to them... except for the people who get paid to take care of them.

6. Sometimes I don't engage in debate, because when I get really angry I cry uncontrollably and it is hard to debate if you are crying.

7. I'm a 3rd Degree blackbelt in taekwondo. It took 12 years of training to reach that level.

8. I sleep on the right side of the bed ( mostly because my husband MUST sleep on the left side) on my stomach with one knee up and out to the side. Or at least I used to, before the baby started sleeping on me. Now I have to sleep on my back, and I haven't had any actual sleep since Meron decided she liked us enough to care if we were still there in the morning.

9. I want Meron to like me best at all times. I feel a little bad when she wants to come to me and not Nathan, but I feel worse when she wants to go to him and not me.

10. I like to take showers in the dark.

11. I love 'Little Bill'. I cry during about 60% of the episodes.

12. It took me 8 years to get my ba in Human Services because I dropped out about 2 months from graduating when I got married. Stupid. But I finished it last year after a 3 year hiatus.

13. I once quit a job at a nursing home after 3 days, because of one phrase, "Make sure you move the foreskin to the side when you are cleaning a patients penis." I called the next day an hour before my shift and said I wouldn't be coming in.... ever. Apparently the nursing field is not for me.

14. I own two pairs of jeans and I wear one of them to work every day. There is now a hole developing in one, and I can't afford to buy a new pair until we get our taxes back.

15. My favorite kind of ice cream is Bryers Mint Chocolate Chunk or Bryers Chocolate.

16. Last week I made 3 huge pots of 3 different kinds of soup and two big casseroles of goulash. Then I put it all into single servings in freezer bags. Our entire freezer is full of soup and goulash and leftover shiro and lentils from Genna.

17. I want to paint our living room, but I'm too lazy.

18. My favorite television show is Monk. I find his craziness endearing.

19. My other favorite show is House. I find his craziness endearing, too.

20. I secretly think my soul would wither and die if I had to spend more than a day apart from Mer. I keep reminding myself that it probably won't, and I can't make her live with us until I die even if it does.

21. I use cloth diapers and g-diapers most of the time, because I'm horrified by the fact that no disposable diaper ever used has ever decomposed... they're all sitting in landfills. That being said, every once in a while I get SO TIRED of the extra steps for the other types of diapers that I break down and use disposables for a while. Mer likes them better, too.

22. Every time I put cloth diapers on Meron she cries because they are bulkier. I always tell her that she may choose to use the toilet when she is ready and then I won't ever put a diaper on her again. I keep hoping for her language skills to improve so she understands. This is my entire potty training strategy... she'll probably wear diapers until she's 12.

23. I have been to Jamaica 5 times, but never as a tourist, and as much as I'd like to go back, I don't think I could do it unless I went to work again.

24. It took me 3 1/2 months to get all of our thank you cards out.

25. It was embarrassingly difficult to come up with 25 mildly interesting things about me.

I tag everyone who hasn't done this already. It is kind of interesting to see what you can come up with... 25 is a LOT of things!

3 comments:

  1. 13 and 22 are my favorite. I wish you would have added a good hyper-emetic story as well. But that would have made "26 things" instead of 25.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 13 made me laugh so much lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love #17! I am the same way....too lazy to even decide on a color, then just thinking of the taping and edging....woooo.
    Plain off-white works for me!!

    ReplyDelete