Wednesday, December 2, 2009

You know you are tired when....

all three of us fell asleep in the living room last night (Mimi and I on the couch and Nathan on the floor) and woke up at 6 this morning. Wow. Why, you ask, would we all be so tired? Well, my job has decided that I can no longer work evenings like I have been doing. I now have to work from 7:30-4 except for one day when I work 1-9:30. I am so sad to lose so much Meron time. I mean, the girl goes to bed at 7:30 or 8. That means instead of spending 8 hours a day with her I now get 3 1/2. I do get to see my husband and spend time with all of us together. That's lovely.... but still not nearly enough Meron time. Also, it is a big change to go from working at 3 pm to leaving for work at 7 am, and Meron now has to be woken up at 6:45 instead of sleeping as late as she wants.


I meant to do two blog posts yesterday, which would have worked well if I had not fallen asleep at 7:15.


Things I meant to blog about last night:


1. Thanks for my Kreativ blogger award from Meg and Amanda. I'm honored. It really kind of made my day. Also, I meant to do the whole tell 7 things, pick 7 blogs deal.... although I was still having a hard time choosing blogs.


2. It was World Aids Day yesterday. I think that it is incredibly important for people to become more educated about HIV and AIDS. So, here it is...


-HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact.


-HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles).

- HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives.

- People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. If anyone wants more info on transmission, there is great info on the Center for Disease Control website at http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/


Tell three people what you have learned, so people living with HIV don't have to live with the stigma as well.

And... some failed Christmas card attempts. I don't think its happening... maybe we'll try another day- preferably when I don't have to wipe her nose every 1





seconds.





3 comments:

  1. I envy your falling asleep in the living room. That's the kind of sleep I love...unexpected, sudden, deep.

    Ok-the pics of Meron were priceless (as always) and I'm sorry work's changing schedules on you. That stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, she is sooooo adorable!!!
    Sorry about the schedule change...yuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrunchy face in front of the tree is my favorite.
    This new work schedule SUCKS ARSE! I'm about ready to fly out to SD and give the Dept of Mental Health a piece of my mentally unstable mind. Yes I am! Although honestly, I think I'd actually either (1) end up making things worse for you or (2) end up being an in-patient at one of SD's fine facilities. Hmmm, maybe it's worth the effort?

    I HATE that I see Sam maybe 2+ hours M-F. It's awful. But the weekends are pure bliss.

    ReplyDelete