Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Referral!!!!

Okay, this may be less exciting this time around (since we already knew who are kids were going to be) but I am still so excited that we officially received our referral today. Y (her name means "most beautiful one") and S (his name means "I have seen much") are one step closer to being ours. My heart is literally aching lately. Things are... stressful. Lots of changes at work (I'm being assigned a new caseload after working with the same girls for almost 4 years and am a little heartbroken about it), lots of set backs in our adoption, things taking way longer than expected, watching our big kids grow up in pictures, finding out we will probably have to make two trips to Ethiopia instead of one.... the list is long.

But oh... those little faces.

And the thought of more goodnight hugs and kisses.

And the thought of Meron having a big brother and sister.

It will work out. They will come home. We will be a family. Next summer, the wagon will be MUCH more crowded.

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! Look forward to seeing those pics of a wonderfully full wagon. How about we wagon race? 3 on 3! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!! Hopefully, not too much longer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will work out and I keep holding out hope that this two trip rule won't apply to the people I care about because their budgets were already worked out. Silly, I know.

    I'm glad you received the official referral! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! can't wait to follow your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowowowowowowowowowowowow.
    Holy batman, robin. We're on the phone for 45 mins Thursday and you know I haven't been blog stalking, and you don't MENTION THIS?? You are a stinker.
    But I love ya.
    And I love your kids. So much!

    ReplyDelete