Friday, May 28, 2010

Heartbreak...Un-referral

Really heart breaking news at our house today...
The kids we have been looking at, thinking about, talking about, loving and trying to adopt for the last 6 months may have just become 'unadoptable.' You see, in their referral paperwork it said one of their parents was deceased. The orphanage director got some information, after our referral, that they might not be deceased, just missing. Well, they had to investigate but said not to worry because it happens all the time. They would just have to have the other parent red0 the paperwork saying that the absent parent was disappeared, not deceased. We got news today that they now can't find the parent who has to redo all of the paperwork. This means that as of now, we can't adopt our kids. Nor can they go back to their birth parents. Nor can they stay in the transition home they've been in for the last 5 months. They have to go back to an orphanage and stay there.
Our case manager said they will wait and see if anything develops over the weekend, but things really don't look good.
I guess.... that's really all I can say.
I'm out of words.

7 comments:

  1. hi, kate,

    I am annie and I was with chi for my first adoption. I am so sorry and I hope that this can work out for you somehow....I just saw your blog from another family's blogroll list and wanted to stop by....I understand this heartache. although I had only grown "my daughter" in my heart for a month when I lost her referral in March...I know it is heartbreaking and devastating. I am so sorry for your loss. if you need someone to talk who has gone down this path, I can be reached at blessedwithmaya@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katie! I'm so sorry to hear this. I cannot imagine how awful the two, the three, of you must feel. I have been re-reading your blog lately and there is so much hope, beauty and love in it, in your adoption journey. You have survived many downs but celebrated many more highs and I wish you that this low dissolves itself into a most wonderful joyous up up up! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you will bring Y and S home soon!
    Lots of love XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really not naive and I don't hope to come across as such in this comment, but I'm going to hope (against hope?) that this is resolved sometime within the next few days and that your children will become adoptable again. My heart is aching for you right now and I can't imagine how sick, lost and upset you must feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate reading this! I am so sorry and I hope that something can be done....and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping those contacts we talked about can give ideas/make a difference. The agency should be able to petition the court. Mom dropped them off, signed relinquishment papers and now cannot be found. The court should be able to enter an order that they are legally orphans and adoptable, otherwise they would just be "blowing in the wind" for and unknown time period. Clearly the mom wanted them to be adopted. And "disappeared"...how do they know the bm didn't die? Regardless, they have now been abandoned, haven't they?

    We'll get some answers/advice soon. It will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind word and advice, everyone. Due to some extremely helpful readers (you know who you are) we have a small glimmer of hope. We'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kate .... Praying for a miricle here that somehow u guys still can adopt them!!!!! So sorry u have to go through this!!!

    ReplyDelete