Monday, July 12, 2010

In which Mer spends the weekend at the Mehaber and Como Zoo and her Mama takes a completely ridiculous number of pictures

First, the EKC Summer Mehaber.
It was great... even better this year than last year. I especially loved the Mercato, and bought some things I wished I would have purchased while we were in Ethiopia last time. The location, the International Bazaar at the state fair grounds was fantastic.









A little photo shoot in a garden on the state fair grounds...








Proving once again that Meron was meant for a life upon the stage, she turned the patio next to my sister's building into a performance space. We all had to take turns performing. Here she is enjoying her Papa's rendition of the "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers speech" from Henry the V.

Meron during one of her many performances...












A rousing game of "ring around the rosie."

A little extended family love...

Mer and my mom checking out the flamingos the next day at Como Zoo...

I decided that we need to take a picture of Mer with this turtle at the Como Zoo every time we come... just so we can make a comparison. This is last year's picture and then this year. Wow.


We saw water lilies and butterflies...



And Meron rode on the carousel (which I don't have pictures of, because I was standing next to her horse). She absolutely LOVED the carousel; she giggled and squealed the whole time... although she needed to have one arm wrapped around my neck to feel secure.... which meant that when the horse went up, I almost had to jump to let her stay on the horse and keep her death grip around my neck.
She also rode the train, which she thought was super cool, and the tea cups, in which she proved once again that she is an adrenaline junky.



Seriously big fun. I mean... LOTS of fun. And one very, very tired girl (and, dare I say, equally tired parents). Is it just me, or does the girl look like she's 5? Also... my mom will probably hate that there are so many pictures of her in this post. Sorry, Mom, but if you want to stay out of blog postings, you'll need to make Meron like you less so that she isn't glued to your hip at all times. It's up to you. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. So wish we lived a little closer to Minnesota about 4 times a year. Looks like endless fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh! She is getting so big. Sigh! I miss her. Sigh! I miss you too. Sigh! I wish we lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun pics! Love the one of her and Grandma sporting the shades! :)

    ReplyDelete