Sunday, June 1, 2008

Obama '08


We went to an Obama Town Hall Meeting in Aberdeen yesterday, and we were so impressed! I don't think that there was one thing that he said that didn't make us want to cheer. I loved that he doesn't take any money from lobbyists and that all of his campaign gear is union made. I also love that he wants to give federal government contracts to small businesses to help boost the economy, and offer billions of dollars in grants to small schools to increase teachers' salaries and education. He also wants to give grants to college students in exchange for civil service. How cool is that?!
As we were leaving, both Nathan and I decided that we can't understand how anyone wouldn't want to vote for him if they heard him speak. I'll definitely be voting on June 3rd... keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment