Thursday, August 13, 2009

Okay...















Yeah, yeah. She's been getting bigger. But when did she get THIS big. Since when does my baby climb the steps of the playground, walk across the platform, sit down and slide down the slide all by herself? When did this happen? And does it make me a bad person that I wish she would just slow down just a little bit? I really didn't anticipate how conflicted I would feel about Meron growing up. At first, it was so fun. She was really behind on things, so seeing her catch up and then surpass all expectations was wonderful. I really am so excited to see her grow, hear her talk, watch her gain independence and become a girl. I love this Meron. She is so fun and exciting and amazing. But... on the other hand, I miss baby Meron so much. That sweet little bundle of cuddliness? Milk breath, baby smell, no bitey teeth, sweet gurgles and coos instead of "NO!", wanting me and only me..... sigh.... melt...
We did solve a big mystery yesterday, which amuses me to no end. For about a week now, Meron has been grabbing two objects, saying 2,2,3 (she won't say 1 for some reason) GO! and throwing them as far as she could. At first, I blamed Nathan. Thinking, "Seriously, who teaches a baby to throw things?" Nathan swore it wasn't him. After I discovered her tossing a tambourine and a maraca (which, let me tell you, make a delightful crash when thrown together) I decided to investigate a little further. I called my mom and asked casually, "Did you by any chance play a game with Meron in which you counted 1,2,3 GO! and threw two objects." Mom incriminated herself immediately by exclaiming, "Oh holy hell!" and advising me to be careful, as the game had evolved to include throwing small rocks at Grandma's feet. As I said, I find this highly amusing. Plus, I'm a little impressed that Mer remembered it almost a week after she played it. Learning new things all the time....

2 comments:

  1. Man, I can barely stand that level of cuteness! Yes, the baby stage is hard to watch go away....I would be happiest if there was always a baby in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. scrolling down the pictures I was thinking "WHO IS THIS BIG GIRL"?? But he already knew she was getting SO big. Amazing! Delightfu! Beautiful! Smart! She is officially my favorite little girl on the planet!

    ReplyDelete