Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Long Awaited Update

I know there are a lot of people I should have talked to personally to tell them about this, so I apologize. I just...can't right now. The news is not great for us, but okay for the kids, which is really the important thing. Their absent relative came to their court date and said he wants them back. We are waiting for the official ruling of the court on the 23rd, but there really isn't any chance that the court will decide not to award custody to him. We don't know why he has never been a part of their lives, but we hope his motives are good. We are sad. Really sad. But we hope everything will be okay for Y. and S.
Send some love their way if you have some to spare.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry....hugs and good thoughts for you and the kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so so sorry Kate. I know you said you were okay if a relative came forward, if it was best for the kids, but I also know you want to KNOW its best for the kids.
    My heart is breaking for you. I can only pray this relative gives them a loving home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping your family and the children in my prayers!!! So sorry this has happened to you! I can't imagine the pain you must be going through. Hopefully, whatever happens will be in the best interest for the children.

    ReplyDelete