Wednesday, January 11, 2012

At last...

Hana's very first birthday party. She had a blast. 
Pink strawberry butterfly cake...



An unexpected guest- the three year old daughter of the restaurant owner. She was really cute.. but extremely offended that we hadn't brought all of the presents for her.


 Presents...

Hana said I had to include this picture even though it was blurry, because she was SO EXCITED about this dress that she got from her great grandma. It is so cute. She loved it.
After our injera and cake were eaten we headed to a butterfly garden.  My camera was dead so I didn't take any pictures, but I kind of could have lived there. Plus, blue morpho butterflies were in season, so the air was full of huge, brilliantly blue butterflies. Hana loved them and was desperate to have one land on her.  Like 6 landed on Meron and they totally freaked her out, but none wanted to sit on Hani.
So, after watching her stand completely still in a huge cloud of butterflies for about 5 minutes, I staged a butterfly landing on her back. Yup, I know. But she would have been so sad! So I gently pulled on the back of her dress and said there was a big blue butterfly on her. Then I pretended to brush it off and pointed it out in the 50 or so butterflies around her. She was really excited. Not sure whether this makes me a good mom or a terrible mom... probably just a mom who didn't want her overly tired and anxious daughter to have a melt down of epic proportions in the butterfly house.      
All in all, we had a lovely time. Especially Hani. She is already making plans for her birthday next year.

3 comments:

  1. All these pictures of such happy faces and events make me smile. I'm so glad you've gotten past the first year and Hani can remember these annual events so the idea of each one isn't so worrisome, hopefully. Also: Happy happy butterfly birthday, Hani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our son has to wait through everyone's birthdays too. It's killing him, BUT it does give him a lot of time to change his mind about what he wants to do. Looks you put together the perfect day for H! Did you make that cake??!! Wait, don't even tell me...I had to buy cookies to take to a cookie exchange this year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kay! Nice to hear from you!

    Meg- Lord no I didn't make the cake. My mom did, because she is awesome... and because she doesn't have three small people pulling on her all of the time. I think that helps, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete