Monday, July 23, 2012

Mental Pictures...

Okay, this post is a bit late, but I wanted to get it all down...
We went to the Mehaber last weekend. Last year was pretty rough. Our two new kids were still new and struggling with English. We thought it would be fun for them to go to the Mehaber. It wasn't. There were lots of tears and melt downs from all concerned, although there were high points.
This year was so much more fun. So much fun, in fact, that I neglected to take my camera out the entire time. I just kept thinking about how much I miss when I am walking around trying to get a good shot instead of having fun in the moment. So... I have to record some mental pictures that I want to remember.
Nathan and I smiling together, playing name that tune as our kids sang along to songs while wearing headphones. They don't know the correct words, and a couple of them are a wee bit tone deaf so it was more challenging than you'd think... although we always got it by the chorus.

Seeing Meg and Sam (and the Bump, aka Mimi) standing outside the hotel waiting for us.

Dancing with my girls at the Mehaber dance class.

Seeing Meron walking under a pink umbrella with a new friend and watching her glee when she recognized  a kindred spirit.

Sitting at Chili's with Meg, Elz and Nathan. Appetizers and dessert for supper. Way fun.

Hana loosening up and deciding to dance on the stage when it wasn't in use at the Mehaber. Meron dancing with abandon and finding her friend from the night before. Watching them hold hands and spin. Seeing Kai jumping around in circles, unable to do anything else to express how the music made him feel.

Laying in the grass at the Raspberry Festival, watching the kids play, listening to the band with the cool breeze on my face.

Watching my kids and Sam play together in the hotel room, all of the grown ups sitting and laying on the beds being served imaginary food. Everyone under 4 feet tall spontaneously deciding that the coffee table they hauled over contained a birthday cake and that it was my birthday.

Sam not wanting my girls to see him cry when they were hugging good bye in the hallway.

Nathan's face when he saw his cheering section at the color run.

It was a great weekend. I'll remember. Even without the pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Bummed we didn't know you would e there. Maybe next time... So glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam was trying to be so brave for his new friends. He was so upset when we couldn't see you and Papa in the morning. ugh. And then we found some old youtube videos. He loved them ... but was sad. "when my new friends come my house mom?" When indeed! It was an amazing weekend. I especially liked how quick Sam was with your order of fish heads with peanutbutter and how he beat-boxed to the birthday song! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had fun at Mehaber. I hope I get to go again soon!

    ReplyDelete