Thursday, March 20, 2008

Come one... come all!


I just wanted to post a picture of our guest room; it is newly remodeled with some help from Myr, Joe and Emily (they provided the bed, without which it wasn't so much of a guest room as a... place to put a sleeping bag). So, come see beautiful, scenic Redfield, South Dakota... and sleep on an honest to goodness bed.

In other news, on my way to work today I almost ran over a sheep that had apparently escaped from the livestock auction on the other side of town. The optimistic, some would say unrealistic, part of me is very excited for the sheep that has escaped from certain death in a slaughter house. The, increasingly more prominent, realistic side of my brain is worried that the newly freed sheep will either be hit by a car (since it is wandering around about two blocks from Main Street, although it is in the park) or will be collected by the sheriff and brought back to the auction. I would, however, be willing to go collect it for anyone who thinks that they might like a new sheep friend at their house. I already asked Nathan and he said I can't keep it. Sometimes it is hard to be married... especially, I imagine, to be married to me. Apparently not everyone feels the need to save sheep from becoming mutton.

No comments:

Post a Comment