Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

This is my slightly sad attempt at an Easter pie. If you can't tell, it is a rabbit on the top. It is actually harder than you might think to make a rabbit out of pie dough... and I think the spot where the cherry pie filling is leaking out makes it look like the rabbit is bleeding. Oh well, I will just cut it up before Nathan gets home, and then tell him how beautiful it was!
In keeping with our grand Easter tradition, Stewart and Rosalyn nearly killed each other today. I heard awful noises coming from the back yard and thought the dogs were killing a cat or something. I ran outside with only my pajamas on, barefoot, to find Stewie's collar twisted around Rosie's lower jaw. I am not sure how they accomplished it, but Stew was choking to death and Rosie's mouth was bleeding. I had to run into the house and get a knife to cut off Stew's collar. I was a little afraid that Stew would have suffered some brain damage from lack of oxygen (if you have met Stew, you know that he barely has two brain cells to rub together anyway and certainly has none to spare), but a minute after I cut them loose he was sitting in the kitchen trying to figure out why I was having hysterics and asking for a treat. Plus, I have to clean the carpet in the kitchen again, because as I was running through the snow barefoot I stepped in a whole lot of frozen dog poo. It was pretty dang exciting for a Sunday morning. Happily, the funny looking pie is cooling, the roast is in the oven and the dogs are sleeping peacefully at my feet. Maybe it will turn out to be a good Easter after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment