Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Good news!!!

I sent a whiny e-mail to my agency today, asking if they have heard anything about our dossier getting back from Washington DC yet. They replied, "Oh my gosh! You didn't get your e-mail?! It is in Ethiopia either today or tomorrow!" We are pretty excited. We are officially on the list at #22, but she couldn't give me any estimate for wait time. It all depends on who is waiting for what type of referral, genders, ages, etc. Now we have to keep our fingers crossed that we get our referral before July. The courts in Ethiopia close at the end of August and don't re open until October, so if we don't get our referral by July we won't be travelling until December. That seems like WAY TOO LONG to wait! We bought a package of two pacifiers to celebrate the next step being done.
It is also pretty darn exciting, but very stressful, that the Agency Representative said we could get our referral any time between two weeks and 6 months from now. How can I get up every day for possibly the next six months thinking every day, "Maybe today is the day!" I thought I was stressed out before! And don't even get me started on the realization that we will be spending 30 hours travelling with two babies that we don't know yet! I might be starting to panic a little, can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment