Sunday, December 14, 2008

Meeting Santa...



















I often am struck by how weird our culture is as I try to introduce beloved childhood experiences to Meron. For example, on Saturday, we waited in line for 20 minutes so that I could plop her down on the lap of a strange man with a long weird fake beard. How is this okay? Meron was not amused. At first she was perplexed, then she almost smiled, and then this picture was taken. It was actually kind of funny, as the entire crowd had a group reaction. It was 'awww' when she sat down and she looked at him. Then, 'ohhhh!' when she looked like she might smile, then a sad little 'ooooo' when her lip started to quiver. It was over quickly and we got to see the living nativity scene. It contained 2 lambs, a goat and a llama and about 4 8-10 year old kids dressed up as shepards, Mary and baby Jesus. There was one in camoflage pants, but I'm not really sure who he was supposed to be. I guess the llama handler, as I'm not sure there was a llama in the original nativity scene, either. It was fun, though. We even saw some reindeer and a camel. Plus, we got to hang out with some friends, so I was excited.


1 comment:

  1. HA! Agreed mall Santas are weird. But LOVE the stipped footed PJs, which I know you posted just for little 'ole me! Thanks bunches!

    ReplyDelete