Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!




I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We had a good time, but I really missed being able

to see my extended family this Christmas. I really would have liked to show off Merrie a little more than I was able too! There will be more pictures to come, but I forgot to bring my camera to my Mom and Dad's house. I know... yet more reasons I will never get my mother of the year award. But, this was our Christmas at home. Mer had noodles for supper.. can you tell? And we got our pictures taken by Mer's uncle Aaron with all of our t-shirts from my sister Elz. If you get the reference, leave a comment. I'm interested to see how many people will... not too many in the general public, but I have high hopes for my family! Meron is a full blown walker now, but won't take off on her own quite yet. She will walk for a LONG way if someone walks behind her waiting to catch, which I think is my fault. She took off on her own with my encouragement the other day and lunged for the bathrobes thinking they were solid. I couldn't catch her after her mad leap and she fell and hit her head on the baseboard. It was AWFUL! She had a puncture wound on top of an egg on top of a bruise. Not my best moment, as I cried for about 20 minutes after she stopped... which would make a grand total of 21 minutes, since she only cried for 1 minute. She is practicing with a spotter now, though. She walked all the way from the living room to the kitchen at my parents' house. It is exciting, but very scary...

4 comments:

  1. Your little ka-tet is so cute. Thankee-sai for the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about the Tee shirts... I'm guessing it's an "Olson Thing" and since I'm originally an Inskeep...we'll, I wasn't invited to the party.
    I cannot get enough of Mer's baby legs! Too cute! I love the picture of all three of you. Not enough on the blog. I must say Kate, you are the prettiest "natural" mom I know. You just absolutely glow!! Wish I could look like that all the time.
    Holiday blessings to you all! Om Mani Padme Hung.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Meg, you're so sweet. It isn't an Olson thing though... it's a Stephen King thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/27/2009

    Those shirts are ridiculous. I hope things are well.

    -Mr. Byron

    ReplyDelete