Monday, December 8, 2008

The three of us had a lovely weekend in Sioux Falls. The highlight was eating at our favorite Ethiopian restaurant. Meron ate TONS. Her face lit up as soon as she tasted a bite of injera. I wish we lived closer so that we could go all the time. She also got really excited when the man who runs the restaurant started snapping at her. That is how everybody in Ethiopia plays with babies... they snap a particular rhythm. Meron smiled and squealed and started bouncing up and down. It was very sweet. It makes me sad that people don't do that for her anymore. I mean, I do sometimes, but when we walked around in Ethiopia everyone we talked to would do it. We had a long talk with the man who runs the restaurant, and he said we need to come to Sioux Falls more often. Apparently there are a lot of people around from Asela. How interesting, huh? We bought lots of injera to put in the freezer, and enough of Meron's favorite food (shiro) so that she can have it for a few meals. And, next time you see us, don't forget to snap for Meron!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/08/2008

    I'm going through Meron withdrawal - I'll need a fix soon. Glad your weekend was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! I swear she has grown more. And her hair is longer. She is so happy in this video.
    I need to come see you guys and get some personal Mer time soon.

    ReplyDelete