Sunday, March 22, 2009

We're going to have to start being careful...











about what we do in front of Meron. Today I saw her trying to clean her ear with a stick (pretending it was a q-tip), blow her nose and carry the cord of the vacuum cleaner around so that it wouldn't get in the way while I vacuumed. She has also been repeating almost everything I read to her. She can read most of Moo, Baa, La La La... well, she can do all of the animal noises except for the pig. It is so funny to see her sitting and reading a book by herself. She turns the pages and points out all of the things we usually point out and makes all of the expected noises. Sigh. I'm pretty sure this means she's almost ready for college.

3 comments:

  1. (1) She is NOT ready for college
    (2) I SUPER LOVE the 4 barrettes-in-front hairdo. It's the BEST so far. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
    (3) it's sweet that she doesn't want you tripping over the vacuum cord, isn't it?
    (4) get a vid of her "reading".
    (5) She is an extremely advanced child. Will likely be the most intelligent and charming in her class. But you won't have to "doogie houser" her. She can just be the smartest in her class. That means you have AT LEAST 16 years until she goes to college, and longer if online college is the HOT THING in 2025 and she stays home while attending. Okay -- let's go with this, so you have her at home for another 20 years. That sounds better, right mom??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Okay, 20 years does make me feel better. I was pretty proud of the 4 barrettes hair do myself. Mer and I are both getting better at the hair thing. She isn't so irritated with me now, as long as I give her lots of snacks and let her watch "Happy Feet." It may be a parenting disaster when that movie stops working...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/24/2009

    You will need to buy a coupld more dvd's of Happy Feet for back ups! You are getting so good at her hair and I love her little legs in the photos, just want to tickle the knees ... I wonder what the studies would be for a toddler going to college? hmmm....

    ReplyDelete