Monday, May 4, 2009

At the Zoo with Grandma and Grandpa

































We went to the little zoo in a city near where we live for a little Grandma and Grandpa time. It was seriously fun. Those who know me well know that I actually hate zoos. I love to look at the animals, but I feel so bad for them. This zoo is worse than many because they try hard but don't have much room. The animals are a little bit cramped. It is interesting, though, because you can get SO close to the animals. Like, the Siberian tiger. There is just a small fence that i could easily climb over, about 3 feet of ground, and then the tiger's cage. If I wanted to, and was stupid, I could stick my fingers in and pet him. Plus, there are birds wandering all over the place. Mer had tons of fun chasing the ducks around a tree. Best of all, Meron got to see the penguins. She is known for her love of the movie "Happy Feet" and was SO EXCITED to see the penguins. You can see how close she was to them in the pictures. In the ones where she is hanging over the water, the penguins are just out of frame. Maybe 4 feet away from her, swimming around trying to get their lunch. After all of the excitement and Meron learning how to make a peacock sound, we had a picnic on the lawn in front of the zoo. I was a little stunned when I looked over at Meron and watched her eating an egg salad sandwich. I mean, just holding a sandwich and eating it. How did she get that big already? I didn't get many pictures, because while I did remember my camera, the batteries died on and off. Ooops.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5/06/2009

    Great shot of your parents and Merrie laying on the ground!

    ReplyDelete