Monday, February 25, 2008

Thank you...

Thanks family.
I just read something from a woman who wants to adopt, but is terribly afraid that her family won't accept her child to be. She says they have made lots of derogatory comments about adoption and people of other races and she is afraid they will continue to do so in front of her children. Also, her mother has told her that she will not recognize an adopted child as part of the family.
It really made me think. I wasn't afraid for one second that my family wouldn't accept our children. I knew you would love them and that they would be a part of our family. More than that, you have all supported and helped us SO MUCH already. We are so grateful, and I don't think I say it enough.
So, thanks family. You are wonderful, and I am excited for my children that we can bring them into an extended family that will sit in a circle and smile at them for two days during Christmas and fight over who gets to hold them next. I am so glad that they, like me, will always know that their family loves them.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/26/2008

    You're welcome...Elz and I are working on her property tax refund forms and your dad is doing taxes in the office. There's not a lot of joy radiating from the house. I'm going to feed the chickens! later...

    ReplyDelete