Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ummm...

Yes, I realize I said that we wouldn't be creating a blog about our adoption. I am, however, tired of sending out e-mails with pictures of all of the various things we are painting. This way, I can put them on the blog and those parties who are in any way interested can certainly check it out. Here is what we have done so far...
Nursery

Dresser/ Place where the changing pad will go...

Lots of clothes from my friends with big kids and rummage sales...

Still in progress are a lion, a tortise, and several assorted bugs for the walls upstairs. It does seem like over kill, I am sure, but it is really hard to just sit and wait for things to get done... especially when I have no control over anything anymore!

We actually had all of our paperwork in and ready to go to Ethiopia when our agency (CHI) found a mistake that our social worker made in our homestudy. That means that our homestudy has to be redone, we have to redo all of the paperwork based on that homestudy, and then we have to have the newly redone paperwork notarized, mailed to Pierre to be certified, and then recopied and mailed to St. Louis and Kansas City. Keep in mind that the agency had already looked through the homestudy and approved it. Well, first they wanted several changes such as, " you must specify where Nathan's older sister is employed, not just say in Wahpeton, ND" (I guess in case she was employed as a drug dealer or prostitute....?). So, needless to say, we are BEYOND frustrated at this point. We were supposed to be on the waiting list for a referal right now, but instead we are waiting for our homestudy to come in the mail so we can redo all of the paperwork. I keep telling myself that no matter how impatient I am it is not such a bad thing to have to wait. After all, the longer it takes, the more vacation leave and money we will have saved up, and the better the chance we will have sold our 'summer home' in Aberdeen.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/15/2008

    Love the blog. To add to the names lists: Gus for a boy (no groans, please) and Sofia/Sophia for a girl. It's lovely and is on the Ethiopian names site.
    Hugs Myr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/15/2008

    Glad to see this guys! You know how nosy I am...
    Mum

    ReplyDelete