Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Half

We have known Meron for one half of a year today. It has been six months since Tewabech, a scared, quiet, sweet, meek little baby was placed in my arms in a crowded sitting room in Ethiopia. I can't believe how quickly time has passed. I can't believe how much she has grown. I can't believe how much I can't live without her.

Here are some things we have learned about Meron in the last 6 months.



Meron is:

Nothing like the little girl we first met who was too scared to show her real personality

Strong

Passionate in her likes and dislikes

Beautiful

Funny

A tease

A walking ray of sunshine

Crazy smart

Even crazier willful

Sassy

Focused

Driven

A girl who loves to shock me (well, it is mostly mock shock on my part, but I don't think she knows that...)

BUSY

Loving

Kind

Giving

Nurturing

Happiest if she is the center of attention and perplexed if she isn't

Stubborn

A delight

Half of my heart (maybe 3/4)

My daughter



We love you so much Meron Tewabech. We are so glad that you are our daughter.

Love,

Mama

4 comments:

  1. Happy 6 mos Forever Family Day!!!! Funny that it just happens to be Emma's birthday. See how connected our families are becoming?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That truly brought tears to my eyes....so sweet and you can just feel the love in your words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/27/2009

    Love it Kate!!!

    ReplyDelete