Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day





Well, Nathan and I both have to work on actual Valentine's Day so we celebrated on the 12th. This is Meron, all dressed up for Valentine's Day dinner. Ummm, yeah, she is pretty cute. We actually need to think about dressing her in less cute enhancing clothes, because several people stopped us to ask a million questions about Meron. They kept trying to pet her hair... which I think violates her personal space. Two people asked me if they could hold her. Really? Maybe I am too reserved, but I can't ever remember going up to strangers and requesting to hold their offspring. We're going to have to come up with a strategy to avoid being nasty to people, but still allow Mer to have some level of privacy...

4 comments:

  1. She's so beautiful. And, no-I don't think most people used to ask to touch others' kids. It's odd.
    I think the best strategy is be honest and firm. If they feel it's rude-oh well. People are too sensitive sometimes. Your priority, as you know, is Meron.
    :)
    Happy Valentine's Day (er, belated for you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My future daughter-in-law is so stinkin' cute!!! I agree w/ you, I cannot imagine asking to hold someone's baby unless I knew them real well.
    JUST explain you are having some bonding issues. That should keep them away.

    Happy VDay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think it's ok to be rude! Who asks to hold a stranger's baby? That is just weird!!!! Some older man came up to me in a parking lot and offered to help get my 3yo out of his car seat...uh, not only no, but....

    (But Meron is seriously adorable!!!)

    ReplyDelete