Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 2!!

It is technically day two, because it is currently 4am. Yup, still packing. Should maybe have spent less time blogging and watching Hulu earlier this evening.  What have I eaten today?
Zotz. Otherwise known as the most under rated candy in the history of the world.

For the poor, unfortunate uninitiated, they are a tart candy that has fizzy powder in the midldle. So good.
I don't think I had eaten them for probably 6 months, but Nathan took pity on me after roughly 10 hours of packing.  
I think I really like them because they remind me of my grandma. She used to work in a little tiny grocery store. Tiny, like smaller than my living room. We would go visit her there and we would each get to pick out a piece of candy. It was the only place I saw Zotz.  I think of her when I see Fresca, too. She always had Fresca and Coke in her fridge, and fudgcicles in the freezer in the basement. I loved my grandma. She was tough and sarcastic and gave great hugs. When I picture her in my head it is either standing behind the counter at the store or with her head thrown back and laughing. She had a really great laugh. I dream about her laughing sometimes and always wake up smiling when I do. 
I loved my grandma.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how a small candy package can hold so much memory. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete