Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day... whatever is next...

An animal I'd like to keep as a pet.

Ever seen a pygmy goat? The babies  are pretty much the cutest things ever. They are silly and entertaining and they jump all over things and they're... well... fun.  Not loyal or useful or particularly cuddly, but sometimes that's ok, right? We used to have pygmy goats when I was young, and they were pretty darn low maintenance. We gave them water and they ate, you know, everything. Especially begonias. We had to chase them off of delivery vans and sometimes they'd jump up and ride the horses around. They didn't demand affection or take a lot of thought. They exercised themselves and stayed in the yard. My life must feel a little high maintenance right now if my qualification for additional pets I'd like to have include not needy or complicated in any way. Low stress, low drama, and all of the shedding takes place in the barn. Ahhh.... now that's a pet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment