Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 5

Late again. Nathan and I fell asleep putting the kids to bed last night and woke up, fully dressed, around 12:30am.  Since we were in bed, and it was 12:30, we just... well...went back to bed. 
 
A picture of the place I live.
This is the bridge that we walk across to get to the city park. There are 3 different playground structures and a bike path along the creek. It is really lovely. This bridge (and the park) are about 4 blocks from our house. A nice little walk or bike ride.
There are some really great things about living in a small town in South Dakota. As I've said before, this can't be our home forever. It is too big of a deal for my kids to have diversity in their daily lives. But, for now, it is a really nice little town. And we love many people here, as do our kids. It is a nice feeling, for me, to know most of the people I see on a daily basis. In some ways it gets frustrating (oh the GOSSIP!) but it is still nice to know that if I am 5 minutes late picking my kid up from dance class, someone I know will sit with her until I get there. For the record, that hasn't happened yet. But they would.  It is also nice to know that if someone sees my dog running around, they will call the daycare to have them call me at work to tell me. That actually has happened. Sure, I get frustrated at 5:05 on Sunday evening that the grocery store is closed so I have to try to find butter at the gas station, but the benefits are definitely there.

1 comment:

  1. That bridge to the playground looks awesome! And wow, you have captured so much of small town life in so few words.

    ReplyDelete