Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!











I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We stayed home, because Nathan had to work. We had our own little Thanksgiving, though. First, Merrie and I got to go to Jim and Belva's house. They work at the same place we do (their daughter, Mary, and I used to share an office, and I miss her terribly), and they found out we weren't going home for the holiday. So, they graciously lent us their family and delicious food for the day. We had a wonderful time and got home just after Nathan got home from work. All three of us took a nap on the couch and then started cooking! We had cornish game hens, cornbread stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and collard greens (in honor of Meron, since she used to eat them in Ethiopia). It was all delicious. Then, my family came for a little post Thanksgiving party on Saturday. Meron learned how to exclaim 'Kahn!!!' with the proper hand gesture and has been doing it all day today. I guess maybe we should have worked on Momma instead, because she has stopped saying that. She really only wants to say things that have hand gestures associated with them. We'll need to start working on sign language again, apparently. I don't have any pictures of any of our Thanksgiving celebrations, but have been promised e-mails containing wonderful pictures from a couple of different sources... we'll see...

Notice the barrette in Meron's hair in the above pictures? We're working on her letting me touch her hair for more than 10 seconds at a time, because at some point I'm going to have to start doing her hair. The barrette took 11 seconds... baby steps....

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!! I was jonsing for some new Mer pictures!! the barrett is precious!
    Are you off today, or on a different work schedule? Your feast sounds amazing, I'm not good with collard greens so will need your recipe.

    ReplyDelete