Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Not as bad as I thought....






























I don't know why I thought it would be a big deal to do our post placement visits, but it really was kind of fun. We just got to chat about how awesome Meron is for about an hour and a half. Plus, the social worker thought we were probably doing the right thing by letting Merrie sleep with us. That made me happy, because she is sleeping SO WELL now. She isn't fighting going to bed as much, and she isn't staying up for hours if she wakes up during the night for a bottle. Unfortunately, she will only stay in her crib until we get in bed. Then she needs to be smashed up against me, preferably with her forehead on my forehead. I worry that she won't get enough air like that, so I stay awake until she is really asleep and then I turn her over on her other side. I was trying to get her back into her own crib for a while, but she woke up every time. Now I just make sure her head is way above mine so I can have the blankets pulled up around my shoulders and not have them go higher than her belly. It isn't exactly restful, because I'm waking up to check on her all the time. It is, however, making her feel much more secure at night.




Merrie has learned some new words... she has now added hi, quiet, and ouch, and she is trying to say blue. (We tell the dogs to be quiet a lot... and tell her ouch when she pokes us in the eyes.) The social worker was very impressed with her social development and says she is way ahead of where they would expect and even quite above average. I always thought so, but it is nice for the professionals to agree! Here are some random pictures of the baby in question. Can you see how much her hair has grown in two months?

4 comments:

  1. Okay Kate, you are going to have to set up a baby-cam or something because I am now checking your blog 2 or 3 times a day for new Meron pictures. She is so very perfect!! Those eyes, that smile, she is truly amazing. She is setting the bar really high for all babies I see from here on out, I'll tell you that much! I'm so glad she feels secure at night, but I'm sorry you aren't getting a lot of sleep. But hey, more time to just watch her sleep, which has to be incredibly precious!!
    So glad the post-placement went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much her hair has grown! She is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that hair! Time to start reinstating the fro-hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had our post-placement visit last month and it was pretty laid back. I guess I won't fret about the rest of them. :)

    Merrie looks adorable as usual. What is her hair like? Ruby's is soft with little whispy curls, like Meron's. I can't figure out what it is going to do. I don't see the real tight curls coming and it isn't coarse at all. I still only use regular baby shampoo on it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

    ReplyDelete